The PS2's ? No goal in particular. One of them is mine from my early 20's. It has a HDD inside complete with the network adaptor. ( Most people don't know PS2 has a network adaptor and a port to insert a hard drive )
My PS2 is also modified. I successfully followed a tutorial on how to run PS2 games off the Hard drive. I had to pick up something called a GameShark ( Basically a Game Genie for PS2 that involves a disc and USB stick, at the time it was difficult to obtain for some reason ) installed software and it uses a specific PS1 disc ( I set it up to work with DOA) so when the console is turned on with that PS1 game inside, it will load a homebrew interface where I can launch whatever game I put in the HDD.
Don't remember all the games I put on the HDD but it has God Hand, Shadow of the Colossus and Odin Sphere on it.
Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 was my prefered version of the game just because it had a motion blur effect when the colossus tried to shake us off, it made the event look more majestic and thrilling. In the newer versions from what I've seen it doesn't do that. At the time motion blur wasn't something we've seen rendered in gaming and it's probably the only PS2 game to even attempt doing this successfully,
I ran PS2 emulation on my older PC and was able to run PS2 games straight from the game disc itself from the DVD ROM.
I had the PS3 emulator since I wanted to play Ninja Gaiden again after giving away my PS3, then that NvME drive died and I lost everything on it. Then came the Master Collection on Steam so I bought it yet again.
PS4... I don't even know how to turn one on. The only thing I'd like to play on that is the game called Dreams, which is more like a creative software with graphics that can mash any PS5 games.
PS5.... No interest at all. I know a guy who lives pay cheque to pay cheque and always carries on about how bad he wants a PS5. I tell him it's an illusion, PS5 is already aged and said to be the worst console since it lacks exclusives even all these years later. It's also $1000 dollars right now based on the RAM shortage. He doesn't understand any of that and just wants one. I think I'll help him get one this December cause he's very sharing. I did give him a Radeon card and suggested he build a PC for it, but he's a barbarian, he only knows how to push a button and navigate to whatever he's after.