Message Turncoat in a DM to get moderator attention

Users Online(? lurkers):
7 posts
0 votes

My experience with business people


Posts: 1048

Is amazing. Great people, business and all.

last edit on 9/4/2026 6:05:55 AM
Posts: 35759
0 votes RE: My experience with business people

What's so amazing about it though? 

Ę̵̚x̸͎̾i̴͚̽s̵̻͐t̷͐ͅe̷̯͠n̴̤̚t̵̻̅i̵͉̿a̴̮͊l̵͍̂ ̴̹̕D̵̤̀e̸͓͂t̵̢͂e̴͕̓c̸̗̄t̴̗̿ï̶̪v̷̲̍é̵͔
Posts: 163
0 votes RE: My experience with business people

I took part of a biz dip in college.

It's the marketing classes. They teach people that they're in it to solve problems.

Whether that's true or not is in the eye of the beholder, as it were.

The best business people sell their products with that belief guiding them. 

It's from the heart.

 

Like religious people who truly believe in what they worship.

They're also very nice (as long as you're not one of the groups that their religion demonizes.)

Posts: 4483
0 votes RE: My experience with business people
Jada said: 

Is amazing. Great people, business and all.

 I take it you've managed to make a deal with investors which grants you more money or freedom to make more while you're expected to deliver them additional gains when they ROI. 

.

.

.

When I was young I was around business people. Naturally my first job was working at my Father's where I would cash my cheque for cash every 2 weeks and do whatever I liked to do in my teens. Go places, food, go out. Just spend spend spend. ( I actually regret this, but it's whatever, when we're young fun is more a priority )

Father told me to open a bank account already. The way he did it though. He's chilling at his desk, looked at his other son and was like. "You, take him to the bank and open an account" done.   So on that payday I went to the branch where I would cash my cheques and asked to open an account. 

Okay sir come this way. We need this and this. I did not have sufficient documents on me, so they got help and I had 3 bank tellers working with me. Eventually they said they cannot do anything so my request to open an account was rejected. 

Okay, maybe next time then.   

I go stand in line to cash my cheque now. 

Excuse me sir ? You don't have an account, you can't cash your cheque. 

I say yes I can and I've been doing it every 2 weeks. No you cannot sir. Again I say yes I can. This is happening in the 90's when people used to line up at the bank so there was a bit of a scene. 

Sir you can't ! The teller were I was lined up at, coolie guy slowly says.... " Uh, yes he can, that's Russell's son"

...

I shit you not all 3 tellers that rejected me, at the same time legit jumped back at the first station I stood at, right this way Mr. Romany. That feeling is the opposite of being humiliated, the place was loaded. 

I'm smiling at the teller serving me and I'm like, He's a big man isn't he ? Big smile on her face with big nods. 

Technically speaking, it's not because my Father was a hotshot, but more like they knew him personally so something like this could've happened with anyone regardless of status. Still when the bank knows you like this you're gangsta. 

Posts: 35759
0 votes RE: My experience with business people
Zena said: 

I took part of a biz dip in college.

It's the marketing classes. They teach people that they're in it to solve problems.

Whether that's true or not is in the eye of the beholder, as it were.

The best business people sell their products with that belief guiding them. 

It's from the heart.

Disagree, those are the biz types who are going to become jaded over starting into it so doe eyed. They need to see it as self-improvement for their confidence over a chance to face constant rejection, or they need to be inhumane little demons to get product flowing for that shweet cash. 

Send those fuckers door to door, the experience will break them. 

 
Ę̵̚x̸͎̾i̴͚̽s̵̻͐t̷͐ͅe̷̯͠n̴̤̚t̵̻̅i̵͉̿a̴̮͊l̵͍̂ ̴̹̕D̵̤̀e̸͓͂t̵̢͂e̴͕̓c̸̗̄t̴̗̿ï̶̪v̷̲̍é̵͔
Posts: 4483
0 votes RE: My experience with business people
Zena said: 

I took part of a biz dip in college.

It's the marketing classes. They teach people that they're in it to solve problems.

Whether that's true or not is in the eye of the beholder, as it were.

The best business people sell their products with that belief guiding them. 

It's from the heart.

Disagree, those are the biz types who are going to become jaded over starting into it so doe eyed. They need to see it as self-improvement for their confidence over a chance to face constant rejection, or they need to be inhumane little demons to get product flowing for that shweet cash. 

Send those fuckers door to door, the experience will break them. 

 

 I did door to door for Kirby in the 90's, veeeery briefly.

There was a quota of doing 3 presentations a day, and amazingly it worked out that way every time. 

There I am trying to sell a 3000 dollar machine to strangers in their own living room, so what I did was suggest there's no pressure, I'm just showcasing the machine, and that would be enough to have them enjoy your company.

This one family, it was an odd couple, a white woman, black man, and 3 black girls. The 5 of them fell in love with me saying how I'm such a nice guy, and they gave me their number like they wanted me to go back and marry into their family. Even though they couldn't afford the machine, I used it to remove stains from this nice rug they had, and some of it I had to do by hand using the liquid solution bottle cap trick you probably never seen or heard of. 

I never sold any, and the job was commission based. I'd get home at midnight only to get up and do it again. It was miserable. 

.

. 

The other sales job I had wasn't as bad, but it was working for DS MAX, and it was basically selling items from a cardboard box. nick nacks etc. 

The thing I hated the most was arriving to the office in the morning. Where we would clap and cheer and ring bells and talk about who sold the most, and do laugh therapy. It was so awkward, and everyone seemed fake. They wanted to instill happiness in us as it would impact our success rates, and we'd keep the damn job if we're happy. 

The pay was pathetic but if you want sales experience do this. They would send us in groups of three. And we'd sell out everything, then at the end of the day we'd fork what we owe to the company based on what items we took. 

This is before smartphones and landline phones were still used and we had these phones for I think $10. Might have been $15, whatever it was cheap. It had a big easy touchpad looked futuristic and had a fancy ringtone. 

We went by these industrial factories. I walked into a unit. All Chinese people at desks and I dropped the same sales pitch I used when I worked for Direct Energy 

"Hello, we're going around making sure everyone sees our deals so they don't miss out"

1 woman by her desk was like "fuck off" buy another dude was like, what you got. 

I got barber in a box electric shaver, I have this phone and ( forgot what else I had that day ).

The whole office was entertained, cute Asian woman was checking out the razor and asking if it works, I said sure it does, plug it in and shave my head right now, put a bald spot on me. She's laughing her ass off, meanwhile the dude already has the phone plugged in and he's like "dis is good phone".

Then another woman walks in, "what is this, who are you" I introduce myself to her and I dropped the pitch again. Oh I see. She said this is her business while noticing the energy in the room.

- She takes a phone

- They speaking Chinese.

- Goes back through the swinging door where she came from, but this time as it swung I saw on ocean of chinese people on sewing machines back there. 

- While she's gone it was like a small party in the office, even the lady that told me off had a change of heart.

Boss lady comes back and she wanted a fuck load of these phones, I had to drive back to base and grab several crates. I was with one other guy that day and I cut him in so we can give boss lady a discount that came out of our commissions but it was worth the payload. The deal was so done. 

I have all kinds of stories working there but that's the best one. 

.

Next day 6AM in the office, it's happy happy joy joy time again, and I'm being hailed as sales person of the day. This is very awkward to me so the boss asks me "How does it feel !?" I'm like "I'm not satisfied" and he starts laughing, I love that !

I had a ground manager, and he was all upbeat too, but one day I came to work without a car which is not a big deal. At the end of the day when I was at home, he called me sending me threats or trying to intimidate me. I know he wanted me to increase my performance cause it would've landed him his own office, but he was doing it wrong. So I just said okay, see you at the morning happy hour, and they never saw me again. 

Posts: 4483
0 votes RE: My experience with business people

This is it. 

Posted Image

It had call display and the keypad was just a touch to input digits. Built in calculator, calendar, clock. While it felt low quality and flimsy as fuck it worked and for some reason it was more fun to use than the expensive ones. Sold crates that day. 

While I sold crates of these to those Chinese people, the boss lady asked for discounts, and she probably would've asked for a discount if she bought one. 

Do I think business people are nice people ? 

There's a reason why people call them sharks. The mindset is robotic in a similar way of keeping enemies closer than friends. When this person is pleasant to be around it's because you have something they want and you've granted it to them over a mutual agreement. If not they'll be gone.

I've read a handbook about entrepreneurship in Ontario and it explains the sacrifices and the cost of starting your own business, and it got pretty damn psychological with warnings such as "Prepare to lose friends and family" and it's true. 

Say you start a business selling snow cones, and you're pals come to your stand. They'll want free snow cones, then at the end up the day you're making less money. Over time your friends visits eat up your syrup/supplies, then when you start saying no, you'll lose some. 

A good friend will actually be a paying customer, but there will be underlying expectations of reciprocation. 

The best thing to do is to never eat or consume from a friend's place of business if you go there. Never give your own friends a business card either, it's a dumb thing to do considering how expensive it is to print cards and it's useless to them.

- When there's a lot to lose you're on your own. If you have family your death will be their jackpot. I've seen beneficiaries live in ways that look forward to the death of loved ones and flex when inheriting fortunes and businesses. 

- The most sought after and also the richest men in the world are all divorced. Entrepreneurs often have trophy wives that have hidden timers. I said often, not all. Do not get married to some high maintenance hot chick that contributes less than you into the relationship. 

- A business mind simply isn't selling goods or services, they're selling themselves to sell. You're dealing with a goal oriented person so if they don't think they can sell to you, they won't be the same toward you. With that in mind the interaction is a charade as a way to maintain connections. 

- In the event an entrepreneur loses their business and financial status, in comes a test of loyalty. Whatever "friends" they made along the way will be gone. It's like getting a Lambo and making a bunch of friends through it, then losing the Lambo and all of those who came with it are gone. 

Walmart kinda does this, where they'll have someone standing by the entrance greeting strangers as they enter. But in reality that person doesn't care if they ever see you again. 

If your experience with business people is great it's all based on business, you're one of many to them. This person has thousands of contacts above the average human capacity to care about. You're just another person they did the song and dance for while getting what they want from you. This of course doesn't mean business wasn't good, since you're coming back for more or are happy with whatever other arrangements you got into with them. If you pull out of a deal, they'll be gone though.  

Business contacts don't really yield friends, but it can spark romance, which in itself is business.

7 posts
This site contains NSFW material. To view and use this site, you must be 18+ years of age.