Message Turncoat in a DM to get moderator attention

Users Online(? lurkers):
6 posts
0 votes

I take back what I said to Spatial 11 years ago


Posts: 179

I said that quantum mechanics doesn't have anything to do with conscious minds, and that the wave function can collapse even if nobody observes it.

I scoffed at the idea of irrealism, but now I realize it's the mainstream view. What BS, the Copenhagen interpretation  of QM.

The moon doesn't exist unless we look at it. Lol.

Posts: 2445
0 votes RE: I take back what I said to Spatial 11 years ago

The idea that if nobody hears a sound it didn’t happen is completely delusional. Why are you taking this back 10 years later. I do not understand.

Posts: 2478
0 votes RE: I take back what I said to Spatial 11 years ago
Jada said: 

I said that quantum mechanics doesn't have anything to do with conscious minds, and that the wave function can collapse even if nobody observes it.

I scoffed at the idea of irrealism, but now I realize it's the mainstream view. What BS, the Copenhagen interpretation  of QM.

The moon doesn't exist unless we look at it. Lol.

At my naïve level, (MCAT physics),  I can reference Young’s Slit Experiment at elite parties, I think it’s relevant here 

last edit on 2/26/2024 4:20:54 PM
Posts: 32779
0 votes RE: I take back what I said to Spatial 11 years ago
Chapo said: 

The idea that if nobody hears a sound it didn’t happen is completely delusional. 

Yeah this seems like adults playing peekaboo with themselves. 

Ę̵̚x̸͎̾i̴͚̽s̵̻͐t̷͐ͅe̷̯͠n̴̤̚t̵̻̅i̵͉̿a̴̮͊l̵͍̂ ̴̹̕D̵̤̀e̸͓͂t̵̢͂e̴͕̓c̸̗̄t̴̗̿ï̶̪v̷̲̍é̵͔
Posts: 179
0 votes RE: I take back what I said to Spatial 11 years ago

I thought that the mainstream quantum mechanical view was that an observation, which changes quantum states, didn't depend on the human mind. It turns out that the Copenhagen interpretation is ridiculous enough to allow for that.

So my view right now is that the mainstream quantum mechanics is garbage and we should immediately switch to superdeterminism or Boyer's stochastic electrodynamics.

last edit on 2/28/2024 1:53:36 PM
Posts: 179
0 votes RE: I take back what I said to Spatial 11 years ago

    Med said:     Jada said:    I said that quantum mechanics doesn't have anything to do with conscious minds, and that the wave function can collapse even if nobody observes it. I scoffed at the idea of irrealism, but now I realize it's the mainstream view. What BS, the Copenhagen interpretation  of QM. The moon doesn't exist unless we look at it. Lol. At my naïve level, (MCAT physics),  I can reference Young’s Slit Experiment at elite parties, I think it’s relevant here  

Schrodinger cat is more relevant since my purpose is to ridicule quantum mechanics.

6 posts
This site contains NSFW material. To view and use this site, you must be 18+ years of age.